Friday 23 July 2010

Stuff

Pet show went well, although I didn't sell anything alot of business cards went so hopefully that will lead to more commissions in the future. The weather managed to behave itself so it wasn't a wash out.

I've made a start on the next car, which I'll post seperately, and have another cattle enquiry on the cards.

I did post a while ago that I was going on some new diabetic medication. Well I started it today and so far so good. I've been a type 2 diabetic for over twelve years now and have been on insulin, which in the past 6 or 7 years, has meant 4 injections a day. Whilst this has been the 'norm' for me it has meant a great deal of weight gain over those 12 years. Unfortunately this is how the insulin has affected me. I have started a medication called Liraglutide which, if it works for me, will stimulate my own insulin cells to work better and a beneficial side of it is that it decreases appetite so helps with weight loss. Down side is that it does have side effects including nausea, stomach cramps, diarrhea, indigestion etc. It's another injection started on a low dose for a week and then increased after that. I've been taken off 3 of my insulin injections to be able to start this new med. The only thing I've noticed so far today is that I have had mild indegestion but I can cope with that if that's as bad as it gets. Symptoms should subside over time......hopefully. Will keep you posted as to progress, whether good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment